Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hi everyone!


Over half a month are already over and I think I settled down. Because it's so hot here (it's over 100 Fahrenheit = 35 Celsius) we go to my house often and jump into the pool. Everyday I know a few more people. Last friday we meet at my house and swam. There was also a German Exchange student. It's so confusing when she talks in German to me because I think more and more in English even when it's still hard to do conversation with the kids in school. Often they are mumbling or speak to fast so it's really difficult.
On Saturday there was a big poolparty at my house for Gary's friends from work. There were about 40 people. And I finally saw the Red Cups you see in every American movie. Saturday evening we met at Ciera's and watched Frozen...Again! The Amercians really love Frozen. I'm here for a bit more than 2 weeks and watched this movie two times!
The next day I went to Schlitterbahn with Gloria's and Gary's son Kurt, his wife Melanie, their kid Mariella and Melanie's sister. At this waterpark there is the biggest waterslide of the world and I rode it! I was the 115th. We waited like almost 2 and a half hour for this, that's crazy and the ride was just about 30 seconds. It wasn't really worth it.
On Tuesday we had our first Volleyball game. Sadly I couldnt play because you have to have 20 practices before you can play in a game.  We won all three games against the Belton High School. And it was so much fun everybody yelled Go Bears and there were cheerleaders. I felt like I'm actually in a  American movie!
At the same time Gary found a little cat all by himself in a field and he took it with him and brought it the next day to the practis. They said if the don't find a home he can live here. I'm secretly hoping that no one else wants him! He's so lovely!

Bye, Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment